Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
This website is operated by A Step at a Time Hypnotherapy. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to A Step at a Time who offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by A Step at a Time and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of A Step at a Time. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, A Step at a Time takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Payment Terms for Products
On purchasing an online audio or programme please be aware of the following terms and conditions:
1. The description of goods is set out in the website
2. In the case of goods which are made to personal requirements, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that these details are completed fully and accurately on ordering, failure to do so would not be the responsibility of A Step at a Time
3. All goods available are subject to availability
4. Items are not returnable
5. A Step at a Time reserves the right to remove goods from the website at any time and with no notice
6. We can make changes to any goods which are necessary to comply with legal requirements or those requirements of the General Register of Hypnotherapy.
7. If you are required to register to purchase any goods it is your legal responsibility to ensure that you do not share these details with any other person
8. We retain all details under the confidentiality policy, any details provided to A Step at a Time through contact forms for personalised treatments will not be provided to third parties unless under written request from the client or a legal third party (police, courts of law etc)
9. On purchasing any goods from the website you email address will automatically be added to the mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time.
10. You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
11. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
12. A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services
13. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
14. The items for purchase in the shop are the intellectual property of A Step at a Time Hypnotherapy and anyone found to be re-distributing, selling or copying these would be in breach of this and legal action may be taken.
15. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Goods, use of the Goods, or access to the Goods/Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us
16. The price of all goods are shown on the website, these may be subject to changes at any time
17. You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
18. We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
19. You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
20. On purchasing a product from A Step at a Time it is understood that failure to follow the guidelines provided will affect the quality of the product
21. If paying a monthly subscription you agree to pay the full purchase price over the installments and any failure to pay will result in all services being suspended. Non-payments will be followed up through the necessary channels to ensure payment in full.
22. The removal of payment will result in the suspension of access to the product until the balance of payment is made
23. In the event of a payment subscription being used for a treatment, no further elements of the treatment will be offered until full payment has been made
24. In the event of payment not being settled A Step at a Time reserves the right to involve third parties, including debt collection agencies to obtain outstanding monies
25. No warranties ro guarantees are offered with the goods provided by A Step at a Time
26. A Step at a Time encourages the suggestions, feedback and comments from customers to allow the ongoing development of products to meet client needs
27. If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
28. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
29. You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Payment Terms for Hypnotherapy Treatments
On purchasing a Hypnotherapy Gastric Band treatment with an instalment plan please be aware of these additional following terms and conditions:
1. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us
2. You agree to ensure that all information provided is true and accurate, understanding that failure to do this may impact the quality of treatment provided
3. The treatment package purchased may be upgraded at any time
4. It is the requirement of the client to ensure that they utilise all aspects of the treatment (treatment, adjustments, aftercare contact)
5. It is understood by the client that failure to complete the aftercare section of the treatment will impact and may prevent success from the treatment
6. It is understood that all medical conditions and medications must be disclosed at the consultation
7. It is understood that clients who have been diagnosed with epilepsy, bi-polar or schizophrenia are regrettably not able to be treated using the hypnotherapy gastric band
8. It is understood that clients who are pregnant are not able to be treated using the hypnotherapy gastric band
9. Payments will be automatically taken one month after your treatment over two consecutive months. Payments cannot be cancelled and should this event arise the adjustment sections of the treatment will be halted until payment is received
10. A late charge of £5 a day will be charged for any late payments
11. In the event of a payment subscription being cancelled the subsequent sections of treatment will not be fulfilled by A Step at a Time until payment is received
12. In the event of needing to cancel a session the client is required to give 24 hours notice or a cancellation fee of £50 will be made
13. Hypnotherapist supervision is conducted in accordance with General Hypnotherapy Register guidelines for supervised client work.
Confidentiality & ethical practice:
14. It is agreed that the context of our work together will be conducted in accordance with The General Hypnotherapy Register's code of ethics for good practice.
15. Sessions will be confidential; however I reserve the right to break confidentiality in specific circumstances such as where a disclosure of risk to the client or a young person or child or where it is deemed that the law has been broken
16. it may also be possible that our work together may have successfully highlighted the need for me to recommend a referral to another counselling/psychotherapist practitioner for some form of specialist therapy beyond the scope of my professional training and experience. Alternatively it may (for example) include a referral to your GP for possible medication or GP referral or other NHS consultant.
17. It is understood that it is the responsibility of the client to read the aftercare document in full and ask any additional questions they have to ensure that they have adequate information to make an informed consent to this treatment
18. I understand that with all natural treatments there is no absolute guarantee of success for this treatment as it varies from person to person as the effects are due to self-created changes within the mind of the person undergoing treatment.
19. If I have been provided with aftercare procedures to follow I am aware that these are a necessary part of the treatment and without them I will not be successful.
20. I declare that all medical/psychological treatment information I have given is complete and correct. I understand that if I have been given specific instructions to inform my GP or other professional about this hypnotherapy treatment I must do so
For all users:
1. In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
2. We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
3. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
4. You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
5. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
6. In no case shall A Step at a Time, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
7. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless No Longer a Problem and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party
8. In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
9. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
11. Neither A Step at a Time nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
13. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
14. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
15. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
16. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
17. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
1. A Step at a Time is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
2. A Step at a Time may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/5/2016
3. We may collect the following information: name, contact information including email address, and any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons; Internal record keeping, we may use the information to improve our products and services, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
4. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electRonic and Managerial Procedures to Safeguard and Secure the Information We Collect Online.
5. Our Website May Contain Links to Other Websites of Interest. However, Once You Have Used These Links to Leave Our Site, You Should Note That We Do Not Have Any Control over That Other Website. Therefore, We Cannot Be Responsible for the Protection and Privacy of Any Information Which You Provide Whilst Visiting Such Sites and Such Sites Are Not Governed by This Privacy Statement. You Should Exercise Caution and Look at the Privacy Statement Applicable to the Website in Question.
6. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
7. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [address].
8. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
1. This website and its content is copyright of A Step at a Time - ©A Step at a Time 2016. All rights reserved.
2. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
3. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.